Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quiet & contemplative

I have been a bit quiet lately.  Maybe it is the overwhelming effect Christchurch's last earthquake seems to have had on the country.  Although completely unaffected by the physical effects of the quake - the media coverage has really effected everyone including the children.

On the other hand - I don't really feel like I've achieved very much - so haven't had much to report in.  My large sewing machine has gone back for repair.  It started doing strange things last year and it finally got serviced, but it has continued to skip stitches and has never gone back to doing beautifully smooth machine quilting like it did when I first got it.  So I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will come back all better.

I am not committed to any particular project at the moment.  I have several... well, quite a few, unfinished projects (well, who hasn't), but nothing that is compelling me to finish them.  I also have some projects that are unstarted.  But they also haven't sparked the flow of mojo.  My little Friday quilting group have planned a roadtrip on Friday to visit The Country Yard and Grandmothers Garden so hopefully a little bit of retail therapy will have a positive effect.  It is something to look forward to anyway - who isn't inspired by beautiful fabric...

2 comments:

Monika said...

Did it help? What did you get? xoxo Monika

Suz J said...

I added to collections that were already started. Although The Country Yard have some beautiful fabrics and could have spent an enormous amount of money very easily. I got a wool applique pattern for a pincushion and some wool squares that look interesting.