Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby Steps

I have officially started my sister-in-laws baby quilt.  Inspired by Oh Fransson!'s billboard quilt along - it was just a matter of deciding what I wanted my quilt to say.  Hmm??  By chance, Dylan had a reader one night that had the Maori word "moemoea" which means sweet dreams.  Perfect.  I also had a jelly roll without a purpose which combined beautiful rainbow colours... and Grandmothers Garden had some fabrics on blowout sales... so 3m of a lovely grey/blue-black mottle became a perfect background.  The letters would have looked STUNNING on a white background - but let's be practical for a moment, white and baby quilt just don't go together.  And I couldn't quite force myself to choose a black background.  So this seemed a good compromise.  I have also hmmed and ahhed over the choice of font - as nothing really matched the image in my mind.  But a bit of googling, downloading and playing - and this will do.



I have now run out of fusible web so the rest of the letters will just have to wait.  But looking good so far aren't they?

No comments: