Thursday, December 22, 2011

A BOM Finish

Month two of my BOM committments (self inflicted) have been cruising along just nicely.  Today I finished Block Two of Gail Pan's Bluebirds and Berries quilt.


Block One and Block Two

While I had the machine set up for blanket stitch, I also started and finished the blanket stitch around Block One of My Tweets.


I am also supposed to finish KMAC's block two of her Day of the Dead Baltimore quilt... but the design seems to be in the pending pile.  So this leaves me with some spare time... well, if you can have spare time a couple of sleeps before Xmas.

Hmmm, what to do next?  I've printed out some circle templates which I'm still contemplating... no, I have decided I'm going to do it, but can't decide whether to do it NOW or LATER.  This is a project for a special bundle of fat quarters that I had secretly, or not so secretly coveted for quite a few visits to Itch to Stitch in Whangarei... and finally they had to join my other friends at home.  Of course, they had no specific purpose - until now (or later, as the case may be).  Then there are still the solid fat quarters that want to be chopped up, oh, not to mention the other bundle of bits from Fabricworm - I'm sure they'd love to be chopped up too.  Obviously I'm going through a chopping up phase.  Which nicely leads into the problem I find myself in next...

I am tossing up whether to keep a record of my current (and not so current - you know, if I stopped chopping things up, there'd be more chance of things being finished, aye?) WIP's, so that as the year progresses, I can keep track of my progress - if any.  I'm just worried that at the end of 2012 I won't have finished any of it - in which case, it could all be a bit depressing.  What do you think?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Keep track! You'll be amazed at how you much you actually do achieve! And its okay to sometimes get sidetracked!

Debbie said...

I just love your color selection for these blocks! I definitely think you should keep track of your WIPs...sometimes it gives me a nudge to work on something I might find to easy to set aside.

Leeanne said...

Love the colours of both these BOM's!

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous - great to see you making progress on these - I love both projects :-) PS Belated Christmas Greetings and hope you have a Happy New Year... the wet days are great for sewing but starting to feel a little damp!