Friday, June 7, 2013

A Bit More about Me and Tula

Little 6" blocks means quick progress.  The book is laid out in chapters based on basic formations - these are all in the Cross section.

Block Three

Block Four

Block Five

Block Six

That makes me all caught up for this week.  Only another 94 blocks to go!  But if I think about it as just another three blocks next week, it doesn't seem so bad :0)

And the final goal...


There are several suggested layouts in the book, but I just absolutely love this rainbow one.  As you can see, I am just following the blocks colouring (more or less) in the book to try to achieve something like the finished example. The Suz factor being that it is made up of my scraps from other projects... so perfectly me!

Although I wasn't sure whether my scraps were up to the task before I started, once I got going I realised that it is actually the perfect project, because you not only need a mix of colours, but quite a varied mix of hues, a few multicolour prints, and some more subtle tone on tone or solids.

Are you keen to join in the sew along, click here for all the details.

I have also finished my May blocks for the Tokyo quilt, and laid out one of this months blocks, so progress all round.

Now I have the weekend to plot and scheme about the Craftsy BOM - how, what and where?

4 comments:

Susan said...

And a winner on the "Lovely Year of Finishes" I see!!! Your blocks are very pretty!

Debbie said...

A fun start!

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh!!! That block 3 is to die for. :D super fun project

The Thompsons said...

That quilt is going to look amazing when you're all through. Such fun blocks!