Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Block 16 of 36

Four weeks of TATW blocks means Block 16 is now finished!



I've picked out the fabric strips for week 5... so with a bit of luck these will get sewn up this week.


After having a wee break from the Orphan Block Medallion quilt, I have picked up the challenge again, and started on the next applique border.

Remember, I am using the Midnight at the Oasis pattern as inspiration.  I really liked the cute applique border in the pattern, but thought it was a shame that it was hard to see due to the fabrics chosen in the pattern sample.



At the moment it seems like I've been sewing miles and miles of bias stems... although I'm still working on the first panel.


With my slightly plainer dotty background fabric, and strong basket colours... there is no problem identifying the items I've been spending time completing!



With the addition of some simple flower shapes, this will look terrific!

2 comments:

Leeanne said...

Your making good progress on all fronts. I love that font fabric!

Julie said...

Loving that bias applique, I have been contemplating doing that on my medallion quilt.